Do you really want to know?
I was tagged by Aimee @ I Tri To Be Me to come up with some random facts about me. I have done this kind of list before, and in an effort to not repeat myself (read: I am lazy) I will use Aimee's list as my guide; same topics, but my experience. Here we go:
1. In college I got a degree in Fine Arts. I originally went for Biology and ended up as a Bio minor. Don't ask.... I love that I get to work in a creative field and for myself, but I sometimes wonder if there is something else I should be doing.
2. I broke my wrist in the second grade. Nothing exciting here, I just tripped and fell; Grace is my middle name. I broke a finger preparing for my black belt promotion and had to spar with it when it came time to take the test for my promotion; I passed. I broke my ankle climbing over an I-beam that was placed in the middle of a sidewalk in Queens (WTF?). When I stepped off of the beam my foot landed in a hole and my ankle broke and I fainted (it was dark out).
3. I drove a '63 Cadillac in high school.
|This is not it, but it is exactly the same right down to the color.|
4. Moths do not freak me out. I actually like them except when they get in the house; I worry about all that cashmere (ha!). I usually will trap whatever bug is in the house and try to set it free out of doors (except for roaches, they are killed instantly). My husband calls me the bug whisperer.
5. I love baking and the yummy smells that come with it. I however prefer to keep my cooking and baking endeavors spread out. Did I mention I am lazy? I would gain a gazillion pounds if I baked regularly.
6. My big dream is to travel to the Galapagos Islands with my husband, son, sister and brother-in-law (remember them from Friday's post?...yeah).
7. My Dad worked in construction since my grandfather owned his own construction business. My Dad built a lot of the furniture we owned growing up. My grandfather and father built a second home in the Poconos that we used to vacation at as kids (My aunt and uncle live in it presently). I am not a construction aficionado, but I did do a lot of diy projects when I lived as a single gal. I am still trying to convince my husband that I can do stuff for myself. Then again, it is less I have to do for myself.
8. I am not terribly organized. I finally had to get a calender that was NOT on my computer because I couldn't keep track of everything in my head, a skill I used to have. I am not messy, but I guess I am your average sort of organized, not so organized person. Inside I long to be very organized.
9. I love finding ways to use what I have in my fridge, freezer, and cabinets to create something for lunch or dinner. I do this because I really don't like to waste food, and it saves money, but really, it just allows me NOT to have to make a trip to the grocery store! That is what Aimee wrote...I am mostly in agreement with this. I also try to keep cans of beans, all kinds of beans in the kitchen, they go with everything!! There is also a large folder of take out menus over the fridge.
10. I loathe wearing jeans, but I spend more time looking for them than any other article of clothing I own; I have a really hard time finding ones that fit me well. I have soccer thighs (as in full, as in so not svelte) and a small waist (ok, shut up, I mean proportionately), so when I find ones that fit my legs/butt, they are huge in the waist and vice versa. I also happen to not be very curvy in the hips, I am straight. I find men's jeans fit me best, but there is too much room in the crotch area (seriously? do you need THAT much room?), so they look funny. I need jeans for men with small penises.
I guess I am supposed to tag others, but I like to live dangerously. I don't pass on chain emails at the risk of catastrophic events on a Biblical level...what can I say, I like living on the edge. That said, I tag anyone who feels up to doing this. Freedom is good.