Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Honesty, The Best Policy
So I was tapped by Coach Liz and Caratunk Girl with the Honest Scrap Award. Not sure you'll want to reward me after you read my list :P
So in no order of importance, honesty...
1) If I didn't have to be accountable for my race on Sunday to Coach, I would not have gone and competed in that awful deluge (and thus not winning my AG, ah, the irony).
2) I really, really miss karate.
3) I cannot resist an Entenmann's chocolate covered donut (and it cannot resist me; a match made in heaven).
4) It makes me absolutely homicidal when 'someone' leaves dirty dishes in the sink when I have just loaded the dishwasher.
5) I am terrified of heights, even looking out a window from a high floor. Yet flying is no problem.
6) I so want to move to CA so I can be close to my sister whom I adore (Miss Goldshoe).
7) I fantasize about just chucking everything and become a beach bum, or live in a cabin somewhere in the middle of nowhere (although being a Luddite is not particularly appealing, and so here I am).
8) I never wanted to have a kid. It was never part of my life plan. That said, I can't imagine my life without my son; he makes me happy beyond words. But I am so done.
9) I love my husband beyond distraction. I look forward to growing old with him - especially once he realizes that I am always right ;)
10) I used to be a vegetarian for 10 years (16-26 years old). I watched P.O.V. last week on PBS; I may become one again.
Today my ride was all about time in the aerobars; two hours, done. But man, that pollen was flying in 20-25 MPH wind. I am not an allergy sufferer per say, but my eyes were raw when I was done despite glasses; hacking up phlegm (now there's a pretty picture for you). All I could think was to keep my mouth shut while riding (since I tend to ride with my trapper wide open and my husband so lovingly pointed out to me yesterday). How do you all manage to breathe through your nose while training, racing?
Of course, my 12/27 cassette came and today the LBS is closed. I'm hoping he is open tomorrow (I don't own a chain whip, and no that isn't some devise used in S&M, although.....).
Posted by Regina